Thursday, September 18, 2014

Washi Tape Bracelets


It seems like I have shown you a lot of bracelet ideas lately...

I have quite a stash so I do makeovers on them from time to time.

Today I want to show you a simple makeover that just uses plastic bangles and washi tape.


I pick up washi tape when I see it on sale.



Wrap the plastic bangle with washi tape, being sure to overlap and pull tightly as you go.  

When you have completely covered the bangle, tear off the end and use fingers to firmly smooth tape in place.

 If tape rips at any point, just overlap ends and continue to wrap.  

 Coat with 2-3 coats of DecouPage, allowing to dry thoroughly between coats.  



If there are any rough edges, smooth with fine grit sandpaper and recoat with DecouPage.


It is fast and easy to make a whole armload...

Or a branch load as shown here....



I love how each bracelet looks different based on what color the plastic was underneath...


At my shows, I display them in a long tray and people pick them up...

curious....



This idea has appeared in Jewelry Affaire magazine



as well as GreenCraft magazine.



It is an oldie, but a goodie...



Thanks for stopping by...

Linking up with these great blogs...

No comments: